Monday, June 19

This weekend was chockfull of nothing. I didn't go out to a bar or a show once. I spent the entire weekend at my mom & dad's house and/or various relatives' and had a great time. Of course, there was a big lunch today at my grandma's house for Father's Day. There was also a birthday party thrown in yesterday afternoon, which I didn't get home from until around midnight.

Signs was on TNT all weekend and I watched most of it Friday night. I had forgotten how much I loved the movie. The way it deals with the concept of faith gets me everytime:

People break down into two groups when they experience something lucky. Group number one sees it as more than luck, more than coincidence. They see it as a sign, evidence, that there is someone up there, watching out for them. Group number two sees it as just pure luck. Just a happy turn of chance. I'm sure the people in Group number two are looking at those fourteen lights in a very suspicious way. For them, the situation isn't fifty-fifty. Could be bad, could be good. But deep down, they feel that whatever happens, they're on their own. And that fills them with fear. Yeah, there are those people. But there's a whole lot of people in the Group number one. When they see those fourteen lights, they're looking at a miracle. And deep down, they feel that whatever's going to happen, there will be someone there to help them. And that fills them with hope. See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?

I think I also love Signs for the fact that I remember seeing it in the theatre like it was yesterday. From Eric's whimpering to everyone in the audience jumping at the pantry scene...

It was definitely a couch-potato weekend...Entourage was on and I absolutely LOVED tonight's episode. The familial bond between Vince, E, Turtle and Drama makes the show. Ari is just great and the interaction with his wife and Lloyd this season has been fun to watch. Drama's fit over going all the way to the Valley was hilarious. Vince's Almost Famous moment was great...as was his realization that all that mattered was the 3 guys around him, not the reaction of the movie-going public. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!




Things I learned this weekend:
  • The tooth fairy is NOT a girl (according to my 8 year old cousin)
  • I must watch Batman Begins everytime it's on TV
  • Getting an unexpected call at 1:30 in the morning is not always bad news...I hadn't laughed that much in sometime
  • Cheering for the Mavericks will break your heart.
  • When you tell someone you're going to Idaho, their reaction is always the same. "Idaho?!"

2 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Micky: Or I might go home to Idaaaho

Us: IDAHO!!

Dorks. The whole lot of us.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Junie B said...

hey who you calling a dork just cause we're going to Idaho...

and V i guess i never knew you had a blog till today chica!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home