Tuesday, June 20

Will they win tonight?

Last night was spent watching a great Game 7 between the Carolina Hurricanes and Edmonton Oilers. I had no vested interest in the game, but loved it nonetheless. Everything about hockey captivates me. There is nothing like watching a hockey game live, but nothing beats the Stanley Cup Finals on tv or otherwise. I love the NCAA Tournament and have some interest in the NBA when a team or player I like advances in the playoffs. However, I'd watch hockey any day...playoff game or not.

Carolina won the series after a controversial call in the first and after suffering injuries to a few key players. It's pretty amazing (and borderline insane) what the players go through just to continue playing.

The tradition of meeting at center ice after each playoff series is one of the best things in sports. It was agonizing to watch the Edmonton players last night wait out the Carolina celebration before meeting for the traditional handshakes between the two teams.

So, will the Mavs win tonight and force a Game 7? Everyone seems to think it's a foregone conclusion on ESPN radio (yeah, I've been listening all morning).

Lately, I've been listening to something other than Texas Music...or whatever you want to call it. I rediscovered my copy of The Black Keys' Rubber Factory. I have also been intrigued by Ranconteurs and Midlake's song, "Roscoe". Next month, I believe I've been talked into going to see Hinder and Theory of a Deadman. Should be interesting. I'm not tired of the usual songs or bands; just need to throw in something different every once in a while.

I caught Fountains of Wayne on Austin City Limits this weekend and forgot how much I loved them in college. Goal for next week: get in mom and dad's garage and find my old cds.

4 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger Heather said...

If the Mavs don't win tonight, I'm going to hurl. Ugh.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger V said...

Well, then I REALLY hope they win tonight!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm hurling.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger V said...

hahahaha! poor heather :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home