Wednesday, June 21

I went to see The Lake House today. I had planned on Nacho Libre, but didn't want to wait around for 35 mins. It was actually better than I thought it would be. It was a good story if you're in the mood for a love story. I don't think it really held any surprises; but I enjoyed it.

Missed opportunities was the theme I walked away thinking about. Whether it be career-related or relationships... There really are those moments that I clearly remember letting pass by. I don't think of them as regrets, but just the road not taken. I am thankful for where I've ended up now...any change in the past may have led me somewhere completely different.

Regarding last night...there were MANY missed opportunities that I'm sure haunted the Mavs' dreams/nightmares. Maybe they'll fare better next season.

I got an email, out of the blue, from a friend from OU yesterday. She asked when I would be coming up to OKC to visit. I hadn't realized just how much time had passed since I last saw her. She told me it'd been two years! I still can't believe it's been that long.

So much has changed, yet stayed just the same. We all are still in contact with each other to some degree. Some of us are out in California, others in Colorado, and some as close by as Ft Worth. We still talk about the same things and gripe and argue about the same people/things.

We locked down a weekend and now I cannot wait to see everyone again. For some, it's just been a few months; others it's been 18 to 30. I hope I get a chance to see everybody in town...I don't want to have to wait until football season comes around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home