Sunday, July 16

L-A-Z-Y weekend

The weekend started off with the birth of Ella Brittain. She was due a few days earlier in the week, but I hear Jamie was a trooper and both she and Ellie B are doing fine. I'm already planning my next trip up to see them.

I ended up going to a fantastic Reckless Kelly show in Amarillo. Again, I'll never figure that town out. There was absolutely NO crowd. The people that were there, were sitting and talking with each other. I found myself with Caitlin and a few of her friends. These girls wear me out. They are very sweet and funny, but they insist on dancing the entire RK set, at center stage. I don't know what the deal was with the A/C, but it could not have been functioning properly. I really think one of the girls was about to pass out during Sixgun. The drive made Saturday morning rough.

I had a birthday party to go to Saturday evening. It was fun, I got to see the sister of one of my best friends from high school. He and his partner just recently moved into a house in Rawlins Square, and seem to be doing really well. We only see each other 2 or 3 times a year now, but talk all the time. He is smart and funny, but a total hypochondriac. We used to tease him all the time in high school about it...

Also at the party, my cousin, Alice, told us she was starting a part-time job in the CVS photolab. This is funny for a few reasons. First, she has a full-time job in the financial department of an office in Lubbock. Second, she applied solely for the reason that the girl working in the lab was rude to her. She noticed that there was a sign posted that the lab was hiring and applied as a joke. They called her 2 days later wanting to know when she could start. Third, she has her own photography studio on the second story of her house. She is excited, though, about the prospect of wearing a lab coat to work. HAHAHA

It's Chris' last weekend in town and I somehow got wrangled into going to Wild West last night. It was alright... I did find out Randy will be in town next week, from one of the guys working there. So, silver lining...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home