Thursday, July 27

Ready for the weekend...

I am about to head home from a grueling hour at the office. I checked in last night around 2:20 after the RRB show. I know I say it everytime I see them, but I LOVE them.

The night started off at Tom's Daiquiri Place for a few drinks before heading down the street to Wild West. Geoff and Randy both stopped in for a drink, too. We decided to head to WW just before 11. After deciding not to fight the crowd, we headed upstairs to the balcony overlooking the stage. I've only watched two shows from this vantage point. It takes some getting used to, but it beats having beer spilled on you or being pushed around. Randy was in a good mood, and the crowd was eating up everything he said. I'm still amazed at how much the crowd grows from one trip to the next. School is still out and they packed the place.

Talking with Randy afterwards, he reminded me why I like them so much. They are grateful for everything. He did tell me that his "spoiled ass" was taking the bus on the acoustic run he has coming up with Wade, and that he's kinda freaked out about the shows. He's concerned about playing an acoustic set, since it's been awhile. I told him to just open up at the Granada with "I love beer" and he'd win the crowd over, he thought that was hilarious. I can't wait to see the show when he and Wade are back in town, Wednesday night. I have secured my place at the Blue Light thanks to the fantastic duo of David and Brandon. No advance ticket sales, so I can't imagine the mess that awaits everyone when they get there...

Off to DFW this weekend...emphasis on the FW. I think I'm ditching EYB and finding my way to the WE. I may be a little late getting there, but I don't think I'll be able to bear missing Mike McClure.

2 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Sara said...

YAY for FW!! See you tonight!

And thanks for the call.. I actually didn't even hear the phone ring, but sang along with it this morning when I listened to the message! It makes me laugh that Randy's scared of the acoustic tour.. ha! Wonder if his spoiled ass will be letting Wade crash on his bus. Surely...

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger V said...

Yeah, he will be allowing Wade, Mikey and Ricky to stay on the bus w/him. He's generous like that, LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home