Monday, January 1

New Year...


It got off to a GREAT start...as was said many times in the hotel room: Best New Year's Eve EVER! I'm glad I got to spend it with some great friends and family (that was a late surprise). Mike Mancy Band was great, Brandon Rhyder fantastic. I took it easy on the drinking. All the better, since it was such a memorable night.

The trip to Oklahoma was just what I didn't know I needed. I held baby Ellie from the time I got in the door. Such a sweet little baby. I realized when I got there, I'd left her Christmas present in LBK...I guess I'll have to send that off tomorrow before leaving Wednesday. Jamie regaled us with some hilarious stories and Watkins was a great host, as always. The trivial pursuit drinking game backfired on them, however. I wiped the floor with them...hahaha! Two tequila bottles gone after the game... We also played Scruples, talk about a revealing game! No matter how well you think you know someone, you're sure to learn something new about each other.

Yummy Victoria's and a good movie were other highlights of the trip. Saturday afternoon, Watkins and I walked down to a new pizza/coffee shop down the street from the house in the arts district. The pizza was great, the two hour excursion was not. It was not the shop owners' best day.

The drive home was uneventful. I am hoping for an early day tomorrow to finish up laundry and packing. I'll also do some shopping for the condo and apparently host some sort of guitar jam in our living room. (I'm praying they mean actual guitars and not guitar hero.)



I take off to Steamboat in ~36 hours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home