Wednesday, December 27

Saturday, a recap...


Saturday night, I found myself locked out of my house (damn this remote, I leave my house keys everywhere now), covered in flour and cocoa and NEEDING to go to Jake's to meet up with some old friends/family. So, did I call them and let them know I wouldn't be making it? No. I headed out to the bar anyway. I was able to clean most of it up before I got there, but had a coat in the car that served as a cover up.

One of my favorite people had a show that night. Ben G is the lead singer of an 80s (and some 70s and 90s) cover band that is always fun to see, The Ducks. I have no idea where that name came from... I've known Ben for about 25 years, if not longer. He never ceases to make me smile/laugh uncontrollably. His little sister was one of my closest friends throughout elementary and jr. high. They covered everything from Metallica, Madonna, Rage Against the Machine, Bon Jovi, Skid Row, Michael Jackson, AC/DC, and even some Rick Springfield.

The crowd pretty much became an impromptu high school reunion. It was great to see some faces I hadn't seen in at least ten years. I also ran into a guy that has been popping up everywhere I go for the last 8 to 10 months. He went to school with Becky, and is always at the Blue Light/Wild West...wherever the TX/Red Dirt (whatever you want to call it) shows are. I can't escape him, apparently. I learned that he is the cousin of a girl I went to school with...very small world.

Fun start to the weekend, a bit of drama when I finally got home...but that's another story.

1 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Heather said...

LOVED the Jessie's Girl DD! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home