Friday, December 22

sixty minutes to go...

We're having a family Christmas party tonight. This is the first time I can remember that happening. I mean, we usually all congregate at the same house and play games, drink, eat, talk...but it's never been designated as a 'party.' I wonder what's going to transpire that's different from every other holiday.

I've been on a strange schedule all week. My sleep cycle is all screwed up. I'll fall asleep at 6, wake up around 8 and then stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning. Hopefully, I can get that straightened out this weekend; since the Blue Light's closed.
_____________________________________
We had our office party last night, ended up at the Library in the Depot District. Mistake #1: I should have just gone home, or better yet, eaten dinner. Mistake #2: I really don't know why I downed like 8 or 10 beers in an hour's time. I do know I stayed much longer than I'd planned (one drink and out...ha!).

I held at least a five minute phone conversation with Manuel before realizing he was not my brother-in-law, Andrew. This usually happens to Josh, since he's lucky enough to have his number right after my sister's in my cell phone. I have no explanation for the Manuel/Andrew mix-up. At least I didn't say anything bad about him.
_____________________________________

This Christmas has had an altogether different vibe from last year...which was awful for reasons, I just haven't even come to terms with. I don't think anyone on my dad's side of the family has. Last weekend marked a year since the beginning of my aunt's stay in the hospital. She fell into a coma the following day, and suffered irreparable trauma. I hope to never again experience a Christmas Eve in a hospital waiting room. My uncle and cousins had to make what I imagine to be the worst decision one ever has to face. It has to be difficult for them now, hopefully they can celebrate Christmas without the memory of last year constantly lingering in their thoughts.
_____________________________________
I'm out of the office until Tuesday, then have a trip to Oklahoma to see some friends next weekend. I can't wait.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas, or any other holiday you may be celebrating at this time. I hope to see some familiar faces around the hometown this weekend. I'm crossing my fingers for a Campbell sighting; Thanksgiving wasn't the same without 'em.

My favorite Christmas movie (with some commentary from Jon Favreau):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home