Tuesday, December 19

Firsts


Sunday afternoon, I accompanied my sister and my two nieces to a matinee performance of The Nutcracker. There's nothing like seeing things through their eyes for the first time. I hadn't been to a performance in a few years. I think my last time was when I was still in Norman. They had been waiting for this for weeks. They got all dressed up and couldn't wait for the show to begin. The excitement in Lex & Lauryn's eyes when the house lights went down was worth the price of admission.


The performance was the first sell out for the company. The dancers were talented, and Harrison's little sister, Annelise was one of the featured performers, the Dew Drop Fairy. She was fantastic! One of the things I remember most was Harrison always having to say goodbye to his mom and dad as they split time between seeing him play tennis and Annelise dance. Her years of work most definitely show.


The two guests of the company were NaTalia Johnson and Amar Ramasar as the Sugar Plum Fairy and Cavalier. Amazing!

1 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never cease to amaze me with all your various interests! Too cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home