Friday, December 15

It's been some time now, too long...

Jessica, Manuel and I drove down to Midland for the MMC/RRB Christmas show. It was an early show, started around 8:30, out of there around midnight. MMC took the stage, and there were about 40 people, maybe. The crowd grew, and the response was good. Micky finally gave in and played "Pointless Love," after several requests. They were allowed to play longer than I'd anticipated. Always a good thing...

Then it was time for RRB. This was their first show back in Texas since October. From the second they hit the stage, I was reminded of how much I love them. Every song was a favorite, and I don't remember ever being that happy to hear/see them. Besides the feeling of the walls closing in on me, the show was just what I needed.

The show was all ages, and let me tell you, Brady and Chops have the under 18 market sewn up! Those girls went CRAZY for them. We were laughing because prior to the start of the show, Brady was setting up and was bombarded with autograph requests. Girls were throwing their arms/hands/scraps of paper at him to be signed. At one point in the show, a girl was screaming her head off for him and he reached down and kissed her hand...the screams! You know that old footage of The Beatles? It was like that...hahaha.

Near the end of the show, the calls for "Kiss Me In The Dark" began. The response was unreal. I was taken aback by it. I should have taken a picture of the cellphones, in the air, throughout the place. Crazy... I can't wait to do it all over again in a matter of hours. Brandon Rhyder's opening up tonight, I couldn't be happier.

1 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm so jealous, but I'm glad you had a great time! Have fun tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home