Friday, January 12

Still in recovery mode...

I'm trying to will myself into feeling better so that my ticket to Ragweed & Reckless does not go to waste. I've also got a pretty important sixth birthday party to go to on Sunday afternoon. Which reminds me that I've also got to leave the house tomorrow to find Lex something at the toy store. I always try to buy her something educational. In other words, nothing she asked for. I just hate buying something that I know will not be wanted in six months, when the wooden puzzles I bought years ago, she still plays with frequently.

I've been doing a day by day recap on my myspace blog and quite frankly, it's getting a little hard to remember some things.

Here's some of the things I do remember as musical highlights of the trip:

The afterparty with Josh Grider, Jesse Fritz and Jeremy Plato - in a word: awesome!
There were also a couple of guys from a band called the South First Band.

Ryan Bingham's shows at the Grand and Bear River - moving

Adam Hood's set - unbelievable crowd reaction and unforgettable sound

Dedringers - great and funny (I think I love their banter more than anything else)

Stragglers - worth everything we went through to get in the show

Kathleen O'Keefe's set - beautiful

Micky & the Motorcars/Reckless Kelly (MF Finale) - you can't go wrong with this one

With any luck, tomorrow will find me without a fever and standing in a converted hangar listening to RK. Have a good weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home