Thursday, August 3

closing time...

I still don't know how to get home early. I stayed out in the depot district last night past closing time and regretted it this morning. I doubt I'll do anything productive this weekend. Bleu Edmondson is in town, yeah...I'm pretty sure I'm out on that one.

Last night, Randy and Wade put on a fantastic show. I'm sure it was one in, one out around 9:30 or so. Who the hell is leaving this show?! Being the nerd that I am, I showed up to the BL at 7:30. I decided to have a jumbo daiquiri out on the porch (this had nothing to do w/the proximity to the BL's front door). I have no idea why I felt the need to show up when I was told I'd get in no matter what...but I find it hard to deal with uncertainty.

They could have sung anything last night, so long as I heard One Thing I Know, I was leaving a happy camper. It was Randy's second song and I loved it! Wade played TONS of old stuff, he said being back home at the BL just brought it out in him.

Jessica and I ended up at the Irish Pub after the show w/DTM, Randy, Wade, and Ricky. The bartender was kind enough to let us stay a little past closing. Randy was saying that he won't have a day off until August 17th. I know they have 'jobs' a lot of people envy. I am not one of those people. The wear and tear of sleeping on the bus or a different hotel room every night does not sound like fun to me. Randy had a radio interview at 9 this morning in Lufkin. I wonder how that went. He definitely looked a little road weary.

Tally in Randy's head: Wade 3, Randy 1 (he says Wade's kicked his ass on most of the acoustic shows so far, but he's storming his ass next week, lol).

I think this weekend I'm catching up on Entourage, watching some DVDs and crying about my OU Sooners and what could have been this season :'(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home