Friday, January 18

finally friday...

Anyone going to see Cloverfield this weekend? I'll probably end up seeing it by Tuesday. I really want to go today, but I don't think I'll be able to swing it, since I've already got a birthday dinner and plans afterwards. My goal is to avoid hearing anything more about it...we'll see how that works out.

I'm in the middle of re-reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It's much better than I remembered. Knowing what's coming and seeing the building blocks in regard to what happens in the 7th book makes it better. I was talking with Veronica about the HP books last weekend. She asked if they were really that good. She said she can't imagine devoting that much time to reading books that are 700+ pages when she could just watch the movie. I told her the two are not the same. I watch the movies knowing they will cut out side stories and reduce the roles of some of the characters, if they're mentioned at all. She said she was waiting at the airport to board and saw at least five or six adults reading the books. I told her that earlier this summer, I was waiting to board a flight in Dallas and a businessman was in front of me. He'd removed the jacket to the 7th book, but I knew immediately what he was reading. LOL I was going to ask him about the book he was reading but we began boarding. He needed one of those fake HP covers for people ashamed of their fascination with the stories.

I spent more time in a bar than I should have this week. We went to Fred Eaglesmith Tuesday night and then Charlie made it back Wednesday for his show @ Rocky LaRue's. We also caught a bit of a show by some random band playing at the Blue Light Wednesday. The kids in that band were maybe 18...emphasis on the maybe. A boy up front enjoyed a dance from what I'm assuming was his girlfriend...we decided they're technically married now. HA! Halfway through our time there, I realized that the drummer goes to our church. I knew I'd seen him before. My cue to leave was when they decided to cover Ian Moore. Jessica's cue was when they played Jet. Dan just kept yelling "Thin Lizzy!" at them, which was hysterical.

Johnny Cooper's in town Saturday, that should be fun. I've got Mr. Brooks and The Namesake at home waiting to be watched. The nights I haven't been out this week, I've been researching, reading, or sleeping...not much time left for television or movies.

3 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know how the Namesake is, it's on my Netflix. I loved Mr. Brooks. I'm going to the movies today sometime but I'm not sure what I'm going to go see...

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Junie B said...

I saw Cloverfield. I dont have much more to say about it than that.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger V said...

Ha! Thanks, June...I've got a ticket for a 2 o'clock show. Oh, well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home