Wednesday, December 12

Acoustic Shows

Rundown of the last two nights:

It was a great show, Monday night. The setting was perfect...if I could have changed anything, I would have bought seats further from the stage. Holy...I felt like they were right on top of us.

We met up with some of the guys before the show @ Tom's/BL. Problems at the airport, no coats, fave movies of the year, the limitations of an iphone, jackasses we've come across...and my omni-presence at the BL were a few of the topics of conversation.

I miss the downtime with them. No people around for pictures, autographs...

Hung around for a little while afterwards...didn't stay long. I had to be in the office early.

I was hoping the weather would hold, so I could make the trip to Amarillo...for what I was sure would be a very different crowd. The crowd at Cactus Theater(for the most part) was a listening crowd.

Tuesday night:

After making sure the roads and the weather weren't going to be an obstacle, I made the drive north. I met up with Nikki at the venue and I think it's safe to say we saw the better of the two shows. It was just a more relaxed, full out show.

Randy played so many of my favorites...I remember "Miss You With Me," "Kiss Me in the Dark," "Before I Believe it's True," "10 Miles Deep," "Down & Out," "Where You and I Belong," "One More Goodbye," "Empty Glass," "Live Forever," "This Time Around"...and a few more new ones. It was GREAT!

I forgot how much Amarillo loves Jason Boland. He was definitely into the show, and played some of my favorites as well. I never tire of "Proud Souls." He also threw in "Mexico or Crazy," "Somewhere Down in Texas," and "Shot Full of Holes," "Pearl Snaps," and "No One Left to Blame." He looks and sounds better than he has in a long time.

They played for well over two and a half hours. Matt Martindale was there and was called up to sing a few, too. It reminded me of the "Boys from Oklahoma" acoustic show in maybe 2002(?) featuring: McClure, Cody, Jason, Stoney, and Travis Linville. Everyone looked like they were having a great time on stage and in the audience.

I only took a few pictures, and looking at them now, they're nothing special, but oh well...the memories of the shows are.

2 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what, no mention of chris knight??

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger V said...

I know he's your absolute favorite!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home