Tuesday, January 8

no longer waitin' on the blues....

The Steamboat blues have now set in. Part of me can't believe I'm not there, picking and choosing which shows I want to go to...deciding which ones are okay to miss...which ones are going to be too crowded for my liking. Part of me is enjoying listening to the broadcast from the Tent, because frankly, that's my least favorite venue and I don't usually stick around to watch many shows from there.

I've been getting text messages and calls from people and it's great to hear that everyone's having a good time. What do I miss the most? Seeing everyone in the same place. The music is fantastic, but I miss seeing everyone most of all. I'll be able to catch the bands coming back home, but who knows when I'll see some of the people that made their way to Steamboat this year.

Heather and I listened to RK, Dub & the Hwy 6 Band, a little Adam Hood studio session, and Cory Morrow last night. We also got a little Wade from the afternoon/outdoor show. I would have LOVED to see that!

I'm missing the acoustic shows that are usually the gems of the week, bumping into people you know around every corner, hearing the late night impromptu songs. I've promised myself I'll be there next year. I'll just make sure the first half of the month is blocked off.

I'm longing for Friday and a little Adam Hood/Josh Grider action. Sleepover and get to see RRB the following night. Overall, that's not a bad consolation prize for staying home this year.

______________________________________

The weekend in Houston was a good time. Heather and I saw a late night showing of Juno, at Becky's insistence. It was great. Ellen Page is hilarious and touching all at the same time. There were several quotable lines, but I would hate to ruin anything for anyone who hasn't seen it. Jennifer Garner and Jason Bateman are great...especially Jason Bateman, as the couple that's unable to conceive. I think everyone knows how much I love Michael Cera...whether he's George Michael on Arrested Development, Evan in Superbad, or an exaggerated version of himself on clarkandmichael.com...he can do no wrong.

The next day - prep for the get-together, which included making 50+ Jell-O shots...that's my contribution. I think Sara, Heather and I partook in more than our fair share of the shots, all I know is the tray was empty before the end of the night.

I laughed, laughed, and laughed some more at the party...mostly at Allison's expense (sorry!). Jenny and Erin didn't help matters. Some of the things I remember:

* Momma loves cake!
* This giraffe's in time-out
* The Jell-O was fine, I'm pretty sure it was the tequila that wasn't
* Your boyfriend did this
* Oh, so you are sort of a bitch
* Does it have a nursery??? HAHAHA
* Someone was practicing with fondant
* You don't need more than 1/2 cup!!!
* Vagtastic! (I forgot to mention that Heather watched Superbad for the first time...)

2 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Sara said...

I second your Steamboat sentiments. I was listening to Wade's show yesterday on my way home from work and was wishing I was standing in the snow with a bag of beer enjoying the show. Wade said it was 33* which is MUCH more enjoyable than -1*!! Maybe next year...

Tequila is the debil. That's all I have to say.

I think my abs are still sore from the laughs.. I'm glad you came in!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Dawn Renee said...

I wish I could have made it down there this weekend! ugh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home