Thursday, December 20

This week beat me up...physically and mentally. I am crawling toward the 1 p.m. finish line tomorrow. I've had a new appellate brief thrust upon me at the last minute, so I've been reading more than I've ever cared to about an oh, so pleasant subject. I've also grown progressively sicker as the week's gone on. Started with a sniffle...ending with no voice and just all-around crappy feeling. At least I have 5 1/2 days to try and get over this irritating head cold.

We have the office party/lunch tomorrow, but the only reason I'm going in tomorrow is to (hopefully) finish up the research end of the brief. This way, when I get back, I'll only have to write the argument. I can dream...

I'm looking forward to Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Our family usually does the big celebration on Christmas Eve and the immediate family celebration is usually on Christmas Day. This year will be a little different. My dad's side of the family is celebrating on Sunday afternoon, and is usually entertaining...gifts or not...when they get together. Mom's side is still on Christmas Eve, but in a different locale. We usually celebrate at my grandma's house, but this year it will be at my uncle's. We'll see how that goes, since his wife is a bit touchy about her things...and there will be tons of kids running wild through their living room and den.

I'm sure at one point or another, we'll end up watching A Christmas Story and Elf, we'll play games and listen to Elvis' Christmas cd...the one constant in all our family Christmas celebrations.

Tomorrow night, voice or not, I'm going to see Ben play...I'm sure this will turn into a mini high school reunion before the night's over. Saturday...sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Sunday? Who knows besides a trip for Dad's side of the family's celebration. Monday? Listen to kids ask 5 or 6 dozen times when they can open their presents...Mom's side....Midnight Mass. Tuesday? Sleep in, family dinner, games, drinks...and probably a few games on the Wii. (woo)

I hope you have a fun and safe holiday. It's one week closer to seeing some of you...that's a nice present to look forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home