Thursday, February 7

Ash Wednesday, and I didn't go to church. I passed out on cough medication and woke up at various times throughout the night. I'm not giving up anything for Lent, besides sleep really. I gave up cokes last year. It was more of a habit than a need, so it wasn't hard. I've told myself that instead of giving something up, I'll get to work on time. Believe me, that's a goal.

On the days I'm not set for court, I take my time getting in to the office. I don't think anyone cares, if they do...they sure know how to hold their tongue for the past two years. I generally stay later than everyone else anyway, or work through lunch time if there's a deadline. It just reached ridiculous proportions a few weeks ago when I was 75 mins "late"...

I guess I can say now, since she's already written about it, my sister, Becky, and Brady are having a baby. The due date is mid-September. My nieces were beyond ecstatic when they heard. They have their fingers crossed for a boy. The shrieks were unbelievable.

I already posted about these on myspace, but the blunt nature of these letters make me laugh.

My plans for tonight - LOST
Tomorrow - was to see Charlie, but this cough won't go away *tear*
Saturday - was to go to Odessa to see RRB, see above *sniff, sniff, tear*

If I'm not rid of this thing by the time the weekend's over, I'm going to go crazy. I've got a project with my sister, Monica, to work on anyway. I'm sure I'll find something to do in a smoke-free place this weekend...my lungs will thank me.

3 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I hope you feel better fast V! And I miss you.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

what is it with this weather wrecking havoc on so many immune systems lately??? this just blows worse than a stuffy nose!!!

Hope you feel better FAST!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger V said...

Thanks! I'm grateful I don't have the flu. I know about a dozen people that have been out of commission the past week due to the flu. One of school districts (the town is small) had to shut down the schools for the entire week due to an outbreak of the flu among the students and faculty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home