Monday, February 4

I can't stress the word "NO" enough...

We have a fairly new case that resulted from some of the saddest circumstances imaginable. Today, we got the initial discovery, so the police reports, medical examiner findings, oral statements, and pictures were delivered to the office.

I made the requests, so they had my name on the envelope, but one of the legal assistants goes through the mail before anyone else. She told me what had arrived and then proceeded to ask if I wanted to see the autopsy photos... NO! I do not want to see them in any way, shape or form. I'm not even a lead on the case, I was just covering for another attorney that was busy with a trial out of town and the information was needed. I did, however, watch the dvd containing interviews with a few of the people involved. I wish I hadn't.

It's much easier to remain detached from the situation when you only know the facts as relayed through a few pieces of paper...not possible after seeing a young person give their account of the events. There are no winners in this case...both sides are going to lose, regardless of the resolution.

Cheery Monday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home