Wednesday, May 21

shouldn't be doing this...

However, I'm at a standstill in my writing. I have hit a roadblock in the paper I'm writing, and have exhausted my brain at the moment. I don't want to read another case, I don't want to go back and review the record right now. I want to go home.

I hate hate hate the last minute stuff, as I've said many times before. I prefer having the due date posted weeks before knowing how to lay out my weekly/monthly schedule. This paper falls in the last minute category.

I know the ins and outs of the case. I've written all the motions, pleadings, and brief in the case. I know the key testimony, and the key wording in the statute. I know the content and reasoning behind the appellate Court's judgment. However, I just can't find the words to impress upon the CCA why the appellate court's reversal of the conviction should stand. This is not one of those cases where I loathe criminal law. It's a just finding, the conviction was ridiculous in the first place. I wish I could just enter that as my reply to the State's submission...

I'm really wishing I'd gone to sleep earlier last night. I am not looking forward to the drive to El Paso tonight. I'm packed and ready to go as soon as 5 o'clock hits. I just hope someone else feels like driving.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend. I'll be thinking of those of you out on the river. I'm sure I'll feel a twinge of jealousy, but then remember I'm not the color of a lobster.

Just a quick note - if you could please send a few prayers up for my friend, it would be deeply appreciated. It was not a good week for him. Thanks in advance.

2 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Many continued prayers for your friend. And I will drink a beer or 12 for you on the river. :)

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would have HATED the river this weekend. There was nothing but sun! And it was HOT...but we missed you terribly!

I'm still praying for your friend and his family.

Love you, V! Hope to see you SOON!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home