Thursday, April 17

it's ridiculous...

Hanging up the phone this afternoon, I felt a twinge of guilt. I simply made known my dissatisfaction with the service I was receiving as part of the maintenance package on my car. I have no idea why, since I only stated the facts of what has occurred in the past three weeks. I guess I would have felt better if I'd been talking directly to the person whom the majority of my criticism was aimed.

I was a total dork and thinking back on what I said was like prep for an oral argument. I think I may have even said I have three major issues with the way this has been handled...number 1: blah, blah blah. My writing prof would be proud. LOL

Oh well, at least I let them know exactly why I had a problem.

As far as my car, there's nothing wrong with it, aside from a squuuuueeeeeaaaalllll when I apply the brakes. It ranks as the #1 irritating noise in my world right now. The brake pads are fine. The rotors, fine. They say it's the tires...uneven wear that is resulting in the offensive sound. The tires are nowhere near requiring replacement. So, I am at the point where I'm going to check around for a second opinion. Maybe it is the tires. However, if I find out something different, the dealership has agreed to compensate me.

_________________________________

Jessica and I talked last night about ACL. All I had to read were the first two words on the lineup: Foo. Fighters. Now, I have to weigh my love of the Foo against my hatred of all things related to outdoor-festivals...#1 being the sun. If we could move this whole thing to Idaho, it would be a done deal.

I know there are tons of other bands that should factor in, but the truth is, they don't. I can see them at other times, likely for longer sets, better venues, friendlier climes. It's just that I've already missed two Foo shows in as many years due to bad scheduling...and I don't want to miss another.

5 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Dawn Renee said...

If you had written out your 3 major points and it included bullets for each point, then Deidre and I would be proud! ;) haha

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger V said...

LOL!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ok, so yeah, the weather's HOT, BUT it's later in Sept. than last year, AND...

Robert Plant WITH Allison Krauss???
Tegan & Sara???
Silversun Pickups???
John Fogerty???
Beck???

Seems to me that it's pretty stellar, and the organization of it all is top notch!

You.
Can.
Do.
EEEEETTTT...

just sayin'...

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm going to buy you an umbrella to shade you during the day. One of those ones made with the UV fabric. And we'll drink lots of water and bring sunscreen! :)

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger V said...

HA! I've been been having nightmares just from thinking about your trip to LJT.

I'm going to have to invest in that UV apparel line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home