Monday, May 19

two more days...

I have two more days in my work week and for that, I am grateful. I'll be leaving Wednesday after work for a family trip for April's graduation. I've been asked several times if I'm going to cross over to Mexico. Um, no. There is no way I'd want to be stranded in Mexico with Marc, Robert, or Andy if it came to that. Who knows what kind of trouble they will get into while we're in El Paso.

For being out of the office much of last week and half of this upcoming week I'm, surprisingly, right on schedule for everything.

I had a quick trip to Austin this past weekend for the wedding and a little Reckless Kelly. I apparently lost my mind at the latter of the two...I have no idea what possessed me to order two double vodka sours to start the night out...but they just kept coming. MMJ and I predicted the drinks would be weak because of the bartender's lack of experience. Let's just say they proved us wrong.

The show was fantastic and fun. I loved hearing some of the new songs live and watching the dancing. I have no idea what possessed us to go up front, but there we were front row. No clothing confiscated. Confusion afterwards, visiting, pictures (!), uncontrollable laughing, pole in the bathroom, more drinks, Taco C (not the best decision made that night), and finally sleeeeeeeeeep.

The wedding was great. It was at a small chapel on the campus of St. Michael's Academy. We got to see lots of people we hadn't seen in quite some time. The last reunion was not under happy circumstances, so this was a great setting to see everyone. Gina looked beautiful. Ryan couldn't keep the smile from his face. The reception (for the time I was there) was at One World Theatre and lots of fun. The location was great, the weather was ideal and the hors d'Ĺ“uvre were great. They hosted a luncheon Saturday, but I didn't make it. They're spending the next eight days in Hawaii, then it's the big move for Gina...off to Pennsylvania. I hope she loves it, because I can't imagine her anywhere but Texas. I'm sure she'll find a school that she loves up there and kids that she'll love teaching as much as the ones she's leaving behind.

Saturday afternoon, I headed with my sister and nieces to New Braunfels/Gruene for a late lunch at the Gristmill. The skies were overcast and it was perfect...and then the sprinkling started. It was fine for a while...then the sky opened up for a nice rain. It would have been nicer had we chosen an inside table. Oh well, the outdoor atmosphere was nice while it lasted. We ducked into Gruene Hall to wait out the rain. Clay McClinton was playing an afternoon show. We stuck around until deciding it was okay to move out and head back home.

6 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for coming to visit us and please come back soon! =]

I'm STILL laughing at the pictures.

Oh, and Cousin Lyle told me yesterday that they didn't make it to Don's becuase they stopped at the Mean Eyed Cat! Go figure.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger V said...

HAHAHA! Well, Rollins did...that's all that matters, right? LOL

Those pictures are ridiculous...

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

funny thing...I saw the pic of MMJ and knew immediately that y'all went to Donn's... I'm sad I missed the AMUCKing!!!

V, So sad I missed you this trip, but shall see you again soon!!! (something tells me you'll be back! ;) )

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I missed a trip to Donn's?! And you too, probably by a matter of hours. *sigh* I would have come out a day earlier had I known!

Someone must share these pictures with me. Anyone get anymore Glenn Campbell memorabilia?!

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! No more Glenn, BUT...you MUST see the picture of V and CB on my MS! BWAHAHA!!

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger V said...

HA! That was NOT my idea! How about the one with "Brad"? HAHAHA...oh, MMJ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home