Monday, April 16

The NHL is ruling my life....

Last week was the least productive I've had in a while. I was sleep-deprived, and it looks to be the same this week. Currently, I'm watching my favorite, Peter Forsberg, and the Nashville Predators play the San Jose Sharks. The game didn't start until 9 so it will go until 11:30, at least. That's dismissing the very real possibility of overtime. Thank goodness I don't have an early appointment tomorrow.

I've tried to tailor my schedule this week so that it allows me to go see Jet in Amarillo tomorrow. I'm still not sure if that's going to happen. The only reason going is still an option is that there was no pre-sale for the show. I'm curious as to what kind of crowd they'll draw up there.

Based on Sara's recommendation, I bought some Miller Chill Saturday afternoon. Yum... I loved it and immediately called Bill and told him it would be his new favorite summertime beer. We would take over his apartment pool or his parent's pool and enjoy Tecates and lime. Now, I'm sure Travis will love having him invite himself over to enjoy their pool. HA! I was told at the party we went to Saturday that in order to fully enjoy the beer as a chelada, I needed to salt the rim of a glass and make certain it was ice cold. I'll make sure I remember that next time. I needed no more alcohol that night following the margaritas, beer, shots of patron and more margaritas.

I'm taking a short trip to Oklahoma this weekend...likely staying in Oklahoma City with side trips to Okarche and Norman. I hope to see some friends I missed the last time. If you find yourself near Okarche, do yourself a favor and stop in for some fried chicken and okra at Eischen's. We would take a group trips a few times each school year for chicken & beer. You may have to wait for a table or booth to open up, but you won't be disappointed, the old jukebox and people-watching are fantastic.

GRRR...Patrick Marleau just scored for the Sharks, pretty much icing the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home