Tuesday, April 3

It's Tuesday morning, so that means I'm getting over the lack of sleep from staying at the Blue Light longer than I promised myself I would. Very light crowd last night, probably due to the game, a few more people showed later in the night. We had a good time and Charlie sang some new ones and some Disney classics. HAHA Apparently, he watched or was reminded of the classic, animated Robin Hood. We were treated to a few songs from the Disney catalog, Bush, Radiohead, Coldplay, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam and tons more. Lots of covers last night...

The drive home Sunday was pretty exhausting, but I had a good time in Ft. Worth and Austin. It was good to see everyone. Lunch was a good time...although, I don't know if the couple that had the pleasure of sitting on the opposite side of the glass felt the same. The walk from my hotel to Antone's was interesting. Apparently, there was some show going on that had people lined up early. Later in the evening, Kristin and I ran back to the hotel and passed by, and the line was down the entire block. I have no idea who was in town, but they sure had a huge crowd awaiting them. As for Greenfest, I really loved the acoustic song swap from Drew Kennedy/Peter Dawson/Josh Grider. Bonus, I got to hear D Kennedy, Grider and Adam Hood on both the Ranch and Wolf for a few hours on the drive home.

Sunday came too fast, at least the drive home was boring and not intense like Friday's. Friday, I attempted to stay behind the storm the entire drive. I finally caught up with it about 30 miles outside of Weatherford. I encountered an amazing display of lightning and driving rains. Then to cap off the night, I park (unknowingly) in oh, about 2 feet of water. That was fun. The Motorcars' show was worth it though, as was seeing Sara, Cori, Lori and Maureen.

I have no idea what I'm doing this weekend. Ryan Turner's in town, so that's a pretty good possibility, but I've also been thinking about going to see RRB and Wade in Waco. I'll see how the rest of the week plays out and how Monday shapes up for next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home