Friday, June 15

Another night at the Blue Light, this time to see the Bart Crow Band. They were alright. They will probably not become my favorite, but I had a good time, with the exception of my favorite daiquiri machine being broken.

I completely spaced on Bob Schneider's show...I ended up staying in and watching Bear Grylls and Jeremy Piven on Letterman. I was hoping he'd be in the Austin area next weekend...nope. He's in Ft Worth next Thursday, and I think he's in Denton Saturday.

The Spurs won again last night, fourth time in nine years, much to the chagrin of Jessica. I love Tim Duncan, but I didn't watch an entire game the entire series. It was horrendous...

I've been following the outrageous case of the former administrative law judge against Custom Cleaners in the D.C. area. The cleaners allegedly lost a pair of the judge's pants, and he is now suing for $54 million, down from the initial $65 million.

It's crazy that the man is a judge and taking up the court's time with this case. Apparently, the cost to the city is around $2700/day. Recovery of the actual cost of the pants (which he was offered) is reasonable. How he's calculated the total loss under D.C.'s consumer protection act is unbelievable and unreasonable. He also requested attorney's fees in the amount of $300-400/hour. He's representing himself. The verdict is expected next week, but the reports I've read indicate that the Court will not find for the plaintiff. At least one judge in the courtroom is reasonable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home