Monday, November 19

Nothing makes a Saturday night last longer than a loss...

I ended up calling it an early night and I was home fairly early. This was MUCH better than the option others ended up choosing...

The day was great fun, though. I met up with Jessica, Tracy, Mana and others at Raidergate. I got lucky again with parking...at least something went my way. Stoney was FANTASTIC. This is no exaggeration, there were at least 20 times the number of people out for this Raidergate than for the previous ones this season. This definitely had to do with the time of kickoff, the opponent and the beautiful weather.

Aside from some unbelievably drunk coeds, the day was great. I ran into some people I hadn't seen in quite some time...old Tech-Exes. I got a few "I can't believe you're wearing that shirt" comments, but nothing I haven't heard when wearing an OU shirt out in the Depot District (or anywhere else in Texas). People over-exaggerate the treatment received from opposing fans. I've encountered people from every Big 12 school and they all seem the same. You know there's always going to be jackasses, in every group...

The remainder of the weekend was spent getting ready for Christmas. Yeah, yeah...it's barely Thanksgiving. However, since Becky & Brady aren't making the trip for Christmas, we're celebrating this weekend. Yay for early presents.

It looks like we have two parties to go to this weekend. ¡Vamos de pachanga!

LOL - I'm trying to keep on board with my French/Spanish lessons. I wonder how much money was spent on those classes in college that have now all but escaped my memory. Every now and then, I'll remember full lessons/trips to the language lab with Gaelic or Miguel. Honestly, I remember watching more of Gaelic playing tennis than learning lessons from him in the lab. The classes weren't a total loss, though, because I do remember all the conjugations and basic vocabulary. I've found if you want to carry on an elementary level conversation in either language...you've come to the right place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home