Wednesday, December 5


I didn't have much to do tonight after leaving the office, so I decided to go watch Into the Wild. It was finally released here about two weeks ago, and now I had the time to see it.

I'd read the book, knew the outcome, and was still fascinated by the movie. If you get the chance, definitely see it at the theater, for the shots of scenery alone. It's a beautiful movie, even without the story of Christopher McCandless. To see the shots of the Grand Canyon, Alaska, and even the pastures in South Dakota on the big screen is well worth the price of admission.

Emile Hirsch is great. He has to carry the majority of the movie alone, and does it well. The relationships created with the people on the journey were my favorite aspects of both the book and movie. I loved the way the story unfolds, and just loved the movie in general. It may be the most impressive movie I saw this year.

2 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

on my list, thanks for reminding me!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger V said...

That's what I'm here for...

I think I might breakdown and buy the soundtrack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home