Sunday, November 11

enfadado, en colère, arrabbiato

In what other language do I know how to say "angry"?

I arrived in OKC fairly early Friday. I met up with the Goodman family for a birthday dinner and had a really good time. After a little down time at Watkins Manor, we decided to head to Bricktown. At this point, I have to apologize to everyone for not answering my phone. I'd left it in my car during dinner and didn't see it again until the end of the night. So, if you tried to text/call to warn me about my plans for the evening...I'm sorry.

We get to Bricktown, park in the lot on the west end and walk down to the Wormy Dog. Guess what? No line, so we head up the ramp. No sign warning of a change in the lineup...in fact, the signs promoting that night's performers are still up. We pay cover, grab some drinks, and I start to look at the stage with a quizzical look upon my face. A narrative was running in my head...that's not Micky's stuff, that's not their setup, why is the show not starting? At this point in time, Sarah from GW comes up to me to say hi and says, "I'm so sorry Micky's not here tonight!" I KNEW IT! Anger sets in...we honestly don't stay much longer than it takes to finish our drinks. I'm not in a Chris Knight mood. I'm seeing him Thursday night, in a fantastic setting, the Cactus Theater.

We left and had a fairly quiet night in catching up and playing a game.

Saturday - much better

I was up and ready around ten thirty, we got on the road to Norman not too much later. We spent some time with Jamie B and Ellie and then headed to campus for the tailgate. There were a few of the "usuals" missing, but I had a good time. There was the expected harassment from Manchester, the questions from the parents, laughing at Yancy and taking in the absurdity of three televisions outside on a front lawn. It was fantastic to see the Ballards and the people walking past getting ready for the game. Rob's never met a stranger, so I'm surprised he had a voice left by game time. The most absurd thing we saw was Yancy in a pedicab...which he rode right up to the lawn rather than giving the guy a break and exiting at the corner. I hope he tipped well, since the guy was nice enough to return to taxi him back to Campus Corner.

We also spent some time in the Husserl house which was entertaining, as always.

We got back to the city around eleven thirty and decided to have a game night. None of us had any concept of time. At one point, Eric sat down at the table and said something about it being three o'clock. Nice. Time really does fly when you're having fun. Something I need to work on: strategies while playing catchphrase. After a short trip out to check on something at four, we called it a night.

We walked down to have a late lunch this afternoon and I let time get away from me. I didn't end up getting back into town until 10. Just home, and already thinking about the next trip back.

1 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Sara said...

When I heard, I almost sent you a text, but figured surely someone would tell you. I'm glad you had a good weekend, regardless!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home