Tuesday, November 6

What is it about certain musicians? Why do some draw people out to see them and others can't catch a break?

Friday night was a good crowd night...and I can honestly say I have never laughed so much at the comments coming from on and off the stage. It had been such a long time since I'd seen the Mike McClure Band. I missed the first song due to unbelievably slow service next door in the daiquiri place. GRRR...I got the last few notes of "Into the Mystic." At one point, I was mortified...at others, I was laughing hysterically...good night out.

Saturday - Housewarming Party for my sister & MMC

The party started at 1. I didn't show until 2 (oops). However, I didn't end up leaving until 8:30...that's bad, right? Anyway, I made my way to the Blue Light WAY too early...totally giddy to see Charlie open. Hey, guess what? He got a last minute show in Ft Worth. GRRRRREAT... Now, I'm at the bar with time to kill. I have no idea what we did to pass the time, so I guess we had a good time.

MMC put on a good show, it looked like New Mexico drained them a bit. There was an appearance by a leather vest, almost a face-plant off the stage (twice), and some questionable shots. We hung around until closing time to the chants from the band for "One. More. Round! One. More. Round.!" LOL

I've got to get things cleared off my schedule for Friday so I can head to OKC early. I want to catch MMC open up at the WD for Chris Knight. I doubt I'll stick around for his set. He's here in town next Thursday.

Funniest thing I heard today: Person A: Why didn't you call me? Person B: I had one phone call...I'm not wasting it to get my ass chewed out.

1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"almost a face-plant off the stage (twice)"...I can only imagine who that could have been. =]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home