Wednesday, September 3

Well, last weekend did not go as expected. Instead of RDRU, I was home with most of the family. My grandma took a turn for the worse and never recovered. She passed away early this afternoon. I'd gone to work yesterday and today. Sitting around was driving me a little crazy. I decided to go in and see if I could find something to bide my time. My mom called around 11 a.m. this morning, saying that I should probably come home. I left the office and drove to grandma's house. She passed peacefully and I think we're all grateful for that tonight.

Thanks for the continued prayers and thoughts for our family. I missed you guys this weekend, and your texts, calls and twitters made me smile quite a bit.

7 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Sara said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma, V. I'm glad you were able to be there with your family, though. Y'all are all in my thoughts.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Big hugs, V. Thoughts and prayers for all of you....

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Continued thoughts and prayers for you and your family, V. Godspeed to your Grandma.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Lori said...

oh my dear friend... i'm sorry for your loss... much love

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss....you are definitely in my prayers!

-Allison

 
At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the news, V. You are all lucky to have such a close family! Prayers to you all.

Maureen

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger StephanieG said...

so sorry for your loss...grandmas really are the best and i am especially close to mine. i can't imagine losing her. i hope you are able to find peace and comfort in knowing that she went peacefully.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home