Sunday, August 17

Friday

Oh, man. Where did I leave off? Friday. I woke to an empty room and figured everyone was down the hall. Heather came in maybe a 1/2 hour later and I joined everyone in the Vegas room. We decided on a trip to Antonio's for lunch and then on to the show.

The weather was already looking iffy, but I was positive it would clear out. Um...not so much. Although, I will say it was nothing compared to the previous night's rain. Following lunch, we went back to the Northgate to gather supplies and ended up with a primo parking spot and did a little tailgating. We made some young friends and had a music war of sorts with the surrounding cars.

We decided to go ahead and enter the show, just in time for the guitar pull. The set featured Robert Earl Keen, George DeVore, Micky, Willy and Muzzie, Cody Canada, and Randy. In a word, the set was perfect. If that's all the show would have consisted of, I would have returned home happy. REK won the crowd over with his "Village Inn" song, which he wrote the night before. He's a great entertainer that I've come to take for granted over time. One of the reasons I love this trip so much is that it renewed my love for his live shows. Willy wowed me with "Mirage". Honestly, he could have sung anything from Bulletproof and I would have loved it. Another plus was the smile on Cathy's face watching the set. She told me she'd heard Ally asking Tate that morning, "Dad, have you ever been this happy?" I'm glad they loved the trip (aside from the bugs). It was great to see them.

The Braun Family and George DeVore both had fabulous sets.

REK – still amazing

Reckless closed out the night. I love them more every show. They never disappoint me, they can leave off a favorite song, but replace with 3 or 4 others that more than make up for it. The set Friday night was fantastic; great mix of the old and new.

Time to shut it down, we cram in a few people over capacity into the car and drive down to Bux; ½ hour power hour!

Back to the Northgate for the fire…entertained by the play by play and “setlist”

Early night for me (330)

Odds and Ends: Dirt bike; whispering in the ear; circling, circling…target acquired; where is your beer?!; Elvira…(grrr); 44 seconds!

3 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger icuprincessnurse said...

You always go fun places.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger suzy said...

44 seconds! *snicker*

Great review, V!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger V said...

44 seconds was hilarious to me... The frustration on his face! HAHAHA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home