Monday, February 23

morning cancellation = blog time

I exercised some restraint this weekend, and did not drive two hours south to see MMC. I went a bit of overboard with RK the latter part of last year, don't want that to happen with MMC, too. The overkill had no lasting effect, though, because I would love to see RK right now.

Instead, I caught up on the DVR (Conan!) and DVDs. Let's see, I watched: Body of Lies, Pride & Glory, and Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (again). Body of Lies was good. I was completely annoyed by Russell Crowe's character throughout, but I suppose that's a good thing. Unlike my friend, Jamie, who thinks Leo can do no wrong, I'm always a little distracted when he's on screen. It's a little hard to separate the celebrity from the character. Anyway, the movie was dark and suspenseful and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I really liked Pride & Glory. Some story lines were never fully explored regarding the character's personal lives, but I liked it overall. I loved Edward Norton in the movie, I feel like it's been a while since I've seen him in something I enjoyed.

As much as I love movies, I don't find much joy in watching the Oscars. I recorded it and watched it in about 30 minutes. I fast-forwarded through the majority of it. I did like the format change, in which they honored all of the nominees. You could see in Anne Hathaway's face that hearing Shirley MacLaine speak so highly of her promise was an award in and of itself. That being said, I have no idea how Hugh Jackman was as the host. I completely missed the opening, was it good? I did LOVE the closing (and that is not said in a smart-ass way). I thought it was a fantastic way to build excitement for the upcoming releases of the year, like (500) Days of Summer and, of course, Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince! lol

New book: Waiter Rant, Thanks for the Tip - Confessions of a Cynical Waiter
So far, so good...

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger ~Becky said...

Nick and Norah was funny! We have Pride and Glory, but haven't watched it yet.

I thought the beginning of the oscars was pretty good...Hugh Jackman was good, but I don't think I would actually say he hosted; it's like he came out when they needed someone as a filler.

Can't wait for HP!!!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger icuprincessnurse said...

I LOVE Anne Hathaway. I love Anne Hathaway almost as much as I love Kate Winslet. Anne Hathaway's face when Kate Winslet won was great.

Yes...girl crushes.

thanks for the dial last night, Girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home