Friday, January 16

I got back into the swing of things at the office this week. Tuesday was my first day of work this year. Wednesday, I was back in court...same story Thursday. Today, I'm sitting here, with a goal of completing a CLE seminar online. I haven't even begun to listen...

I'm ready to leave. I know I just got home, but I'm ready for a weekend in Austin/New Braunfels. I haven't been to Gruene Hall in a few months...Saturday afternoon will be nice.

Overdue/under-developed Steamboat thoughts:

* Walt Wilkins' show at Bear River was worth every penny I spent on the trip. Physically, I was a wreck. I could feel myself getting sicker, but emotionally, it was the best thing you could ask for.

* Jack Ingram was the star of the week (and he was only there for the last 2 days). First, he headlined the outdoor show in white-out conditions wearing nothing more than a short-sleeved T and ski goggles. Second, he joined Walt Wilkins at the above-mentioned show and made me long for Acoustic Motel. Whether he was backed by a band or just sitting on a couch with his guitar, he was totally captivating.

* Be careful talking/shouting to people on balconies...you never know who it might be. LOL

* Option A or B, V says no....Wait! That's too many letters!!!

* Marshmallow guns, Wii, Mr. Bear, the Gondola Pub, Tim D-bag, red fox, Amber 'in da house', college mix, buttons, your sex is on fire, jello shots, queso at 2 in the morning, bumblebee, identify yourself!

* Band of Heathens completely won me over at the Bear River show. Apparently, the live show is where it's at...because I do not feel the same way with regard to the cd.

* It had been way too long since I'd seen Adam Hood. The second he started singing, I was already thinking about when I'd see him next.



3 more hours until I get to leave this place...looking forward to seeing some friends and hearing Charlie sing for a few hours this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home