Wednesday, June 3

can't stop procrastinating...

Things I should be doing:

* looking for another job
* finishing two briefs
* reviewing a case file
* writing the court about a scheduling order
* reading a few cases regarding "possession" of a child (there's no way I'm giving into what the latest ruling said...it's not reasonable in its application)

Things I should NOT be doing:

* writing this entry
* listening to new music
* reading Entertainment Weekly
* going to see Bingham in an hour
* putting off the briefs for another day
* anything on the internet that does not involve Westlaw

It's been a rough week. Monday started off with my mom undergoing an outpatient procedure. She's fine now. The immediate recovery was more difficult than anticipated, but she was just released mid-morning. Also, on Monday, the main atty in the office underwent open-heart surgery. (Thus the #1 item on my list.) He's also recovering nicely, and just moved into a room this afternoon. With him out of the office for the next 4-6 weeks, my caseload has increased. The slow June I had envisioned is gone. No Houston for me this weekend, no Sake for the Song, no RK pre-Rangers game... whine, whine, whine (sorry)... Thank God everyone is doing well now.

LOTS of new music this week, too....and CONAN on the Tonight Show! :)

Quick recap of last week:

RR/WB - fun, crowded, great covers
Graduation party - lots of laughs, lots of family and friends
Graduation - long
Remainder of Saturday night - FUN, lemon-drop martini, daiquiri, spectacular dancing (I wish there were more people around to witness the last one - it was fantastic!)

2 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Many prayers for your mom. I'm glad she's doing well now. And boo for your messed up June.

Just think... August. August. August.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Dawn Renee said...

It's been a week, but I hope your Mom is doing well!

And you can always look for a job in Dallas :) I think we talked about that before....like forever ago after a RK/EYB show on the way to Adairs. Oh Adairs....see why you should be in Dallas....SMOKE FREE! haha

I hope your June gets better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home