Thursday, April 23

quick rundown

I spent last weekend in Austin. Well, I spent Friday night and Saturday afternoon in Austin. Some high & low lights:

* I had my first real frustration with SWA. I sat in LBB from 2:30 to 6:15 waiting for my flight to depart.

* The worst part of waiting? I made the smart decision to skip lunch. That worked out well...

* Dinner with Suzy and Jessica at Hill's: fantastic, low-key, and made better with a margarita

* Jessica and I went out to catch a late movie, Adventureland...recommended

* Slept in and headed out for a late lunch at Vespaio...a really nice, casual Italian restaurant. We dined out on the patio and I had an amazing mozzarella panini and fingerling potatoes with lemon oil that were ridiculous.

* We may have also visited the Hey Cupcake! trailer. Vanilla Dream...yum

* Jessica, Amber and I met up in the town of Burton for their Cotton Gin Festival. We're talking COUNTRY! lol It was a great time, aside from the foot of mud on our jeans and the death of my chuck taylors.

* Sunday - off to Round Rock for RKCSJ

* The sun still got me, even with SPF 55 applied continuously...the game and show following were worth it. I mean, how often do you get to see Hayes Carll ride a tricycle?!

* Monday morning, back at AUS airport with thousands of others trying to go through security... I made it home just in time to head back to work.


No plans this weekend... Tuesday night wore me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home