Sunday, August 27

sunday side of a road-trip...

I got home about an hour ago, following a somewhat impromptu road-trip to Dallas. Friday night, I 'met' Cori and Chanda in the parking lot of Adair's and we set off to the piercing/tattoo parlor. Fun way to start the evening...well, at least different.

After a bite to eat at Sol's, we headed for Suede to see the Motorcars. The show was alot of fun, despite the lack of breeze up on the rooftop. Towards the end, there was a bit of a melee out in front of the stage. I'm pretty sure that's the first fight I've ever seen at a Motorcars show. I guess there's a first time for everything. The setlist was fantastic...the new song, "Amber," I expect will become a favorite.

I had a fabulous time with Heather, Sara, Cori, Jake, Dawn, Deidre, Romeo, Chanda, and Rocky. Dawn was very entertaining, she kept me laughing the latter part of the night. We ended up at Adair's (of course) and met some of the WTX people in town for the weekend. I was a bit of a party pooper and went to bed around 315 or so...everyone else fought sleep til about 5 that morning...good for them. I was drained.

After a late start Heather, Jake and I had a late lunch at Alfredo's...yum. Then, Heather and I headed out to see Little Miss Sunshine. I loved the movie. For me, the brooding, Nietzsche-obsessed, teenage boy made the movie.

Favorite memories of the weekend (I should probably say funniest for the first):
  • Flying loaf of bread hitting Chanda square in the face at Adair's...sorry, but it was hilarious
  • Finding RRB bulletins posted on a good portion of a wall in Deep Ellum promoting the new cd

Lowlight:
  • Watching the first two episodes of Laguna Beach, thus securing my fate, having to watch the remainder of the season...

4 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Sara said...

that's heather for you (laguna beach)... it could be worse, though. like getting hooked on.. oh, i don't know.. next!.

have a good week!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Sara said...

oh.. and I don't remember "Amber". damn beer.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Junie B said...

yep...i watched the 2 episodes too...so i too am hooked.

and sara!! shame on you ;)

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Heather said...

HA! I knew I'd get you hooked! Now I just have to get HBO so I can watch Entourage! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home