Sunday, October 15

slow weekend...

This was a very low-key weekend. Thursday, being the exception, I didn't do much the rest of the time.

Thursday found me and Jessica at the Blue Light for Ryan Turner. I hadn't seen Ryan's show in a while. It had been at least a few months. He was great...considering the lame crowd out that night. With the exception of his cousin and his friends in the crowd, it was pretty much Jess, Marshall and me clapping at the end of every song. We had a great time hanging with them afterwards, in one of Lubbock's finest establishments...hahaha. They have a twisted sense of humor, and I love that about them. We also met a new friend, Zac (I truly hope that's his name (oops)), who's in town earning his master's at Tech in Business. He's formerly from Austin, and has played guitar in a few bands. My mission is to make him a Charlie Shafter fan.

My family has a trifecta of birthdays this weekend, the 13th, 14th and 16th. Friday night, we celebrated with a dinner of (pretty much) all the female granddaughters of the family going out. Always a good time. Someone got a little carried away with the Bacardi and Cokes, but I'll never tell which one it was.

Saturday, I skipped out on Chilifest. Sure enough, right around 2:00, I got a call from Chris wondering where I was...and more importantly, why I wasn't at the show. It ended up raining on him, so I think I made the right call. I missed out on the after-party, but Wade will be back in town in 2 weeks. I'm sure we'll have just as much fun then. THANKS to Sara for the calls from the Motorcars' show! I got to hear 3 of my faves all in one call. Dinner at Grandma's for the other birthdays. My little cousin, Christopher (8 yrs old) entertained me. He helped his mom pick out the birthday card for grandma. The card said something to the affect of: Happy Birthday! I'd say you were getting old... (inside) but, hell, you were OLD last year! He was nervous that she'd be angry with him. It was hilarious. He cowered in the back t.v. room when she started to open the card in the kitchen. hahaha

I watched the following movies this weekend: The Benchwarmers and Brick. The Benchwarmers was actually alright. It was what you'd expect from an Adam Sandler production. Brick was pretty good. It stars Joseph Gordon Levitt in a film noir, but set in a modern-day high school. The film employed the language of the 1940s. At times, it was a little disturbing...but I liked it just the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home