Sunday, December 3

fun, but I'm glad it's over...

Last night was a mix of the bizarre and unbelievable. I don't remember a night like that at the Blue Light, ever. Started off the night talking with they guys from the Ryan Turner Band. Cody Banks is sitting in with them for a while. It was good to see him again. Ryan was having a call-a-cab, so I HAD to have my cherry daiquiri. It turned out to be the first of many.

The show was going great. Then, about three songs in, the lights start to flicker. Seconds later, the entire bar goes black. We sit in the dark for a few minutes. The guys pick up where they left off, all is well. A few songs later, the power on the stage goes again! Ryan's face was hilarious. He decides to do a few acoustic songs while the rest of the power is restored. The rest of the show goes on without a hitch (somewhat).

After the show, there's a fight a few feet away involving the mother of a birthday girl and I'm not sure who the other party was. However, it turned into a melee involving six to eight people. I have NEVER seen Stroot that mad. There came a point where a guy was up in his face and I was afraid of what was going to happen next. Thankfully, David got them thrown out of the bar. The police were called. Calm before the storm... We're talking with Marshall and Stroot comes by looking spent. He said it must be the full moon, because some girl got into the storage room and just started breaking things left and right. There was some unnecessary behavior...passing out, puking, yelling. To say some were shell-shocked, would be an understatement.

We left the bar at closing and headed to Josie's and then to play some poker. OMG, if you wanted to see the sorriest bunch of poker players, you should have been there. It was hilarious how bad we were. We had a good time, though.

Check out the Ryan Turner Band on youtube.com. He's very happy about this!

4 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love me some RT! And Houston was a great show for them opening for Pat!

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Thanks for my calls, V! It sounded great! Love you... hope you are staying warm! :)

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Junie B said...

hey i was AT that show!! standing right about where that was shot!!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger V said...

I gotta say, I love them more every show I see!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home