Thursday, November 30

Snow!


We had our first snowfall of the year. More accumulated than I'd imagined. It began to fall a little before 10:30 last night. At one point it turned to sleet, but around 2 this morning, snow was falling again.

The Amarillo area got about 8 inches. The courthouse shut down for the day. Downtown is dead, and I think I'm leaving here in a few minutes.

The drive in to work was unbelievable. I sat at one light for 15 minutes, because the driver of the car at the intersection(for some reason) refused to go on the green arrow. Then, cars were going about 5-8 mph on 19th street. What is normally a 12-15 minute drive turned into an hour, ten minutes.

I can't tell you how terrified I was of the Jeep behind me. EVERYtime the driver applied the breaks, it would begin to fishtail. I don't know if they just had bare tires, or what exactly was going on. I drove in terror that he'd slide into the back of my car, until I could change lanes safely.

The snow's expected to continue on and off for a few more hours. It looks like it's stopped.

I'm hoping for an afternoon at home and then a night out at the Blue Light. I hope Joel can make it down from Amarillo...if not, looks like I'll be changing my plans.

Have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Sara said...

If I were you, I'd spend all afternoon at the Blue Light, just to be on the safe side. :)

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger V said...

LOL! I love the way you think!

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a snow virgin until this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home