Monday, January 22

Quiet weekend

Friday, I was so tempted to drive to Ft. Worth, but thought better of it. The snow storm never quite materialized. I'd say we got five inches, at the most. The roads weren't bad until this morning, which was treacherous only on the small side streets. The highways were completely unscathed.

The calls I got Friday night made me smile, though! I don't remember laughing so much at DDs. I also don't remember hanging on that long for a show... They sounded like they were having a great time (the band and everyone at the show). I LOVE you guys!

I finished the Klosterman book. Chuck Klosterman IV: A Decade of Curious People and Dangerous Ideas is basically a collection of his previous columns in Esquire, SPIN and the like. I hadn't read the majority of them, so it was pretty much new to me. There's a few chapters that are all new...and they pose some pretty introspective, yet inane questions. This didn't keep me from thinking about what I would do in the situations. I'd have to recommend the book to anyone who's read and enjoyed his other books.

I also watched M. Night Shyamalan's Lady in the Water. It was by no means as great as Signs or The Sixth Sense. It's not in the same vein as his other movies, but that doesn't mean it's not worth seeing. The Night Listener was next.


I really liked this movie. Here's the synopsis from imdb.com: In the midst of his crumbling relationship, a radio show host begins speaking to his biggest fan, a young boy, via the telephone. But when questions about the boy's identity come up, the host's life is thrown into chaos. The story kinda freaked me out. This could also have something to do with the fact that I had the house to myself, and the satellite service went kaput while I was watching the movie. So, the eerie hangover from the movie lingered longer than it probably should have. I couldn't keep myself from thinking about the actual people affected...and the fact that something like this actually happened. I'm a sucker for a movie that gets in your head without being graphic or outlandish. Mission accomplished with this one.

Looks like it should be a good week:

Monday: Maybe Charlie @ the Blue Light
Tuesday: Mike McClure (acoustic) @ the Blue Light
Friday: Charlie Shafter Band @ the Goldenlight
Saturday: Ryan Turner @ the Blue Light

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home