Thursday, January 25

You know how sometimes the anticipation of something far outweighs the actual event? That was not the case for the show last night at the Blue Light. There was an enthusiastic crowd out on a Tuesday night, and even more so, they were there to listen. There was also the added bonus of a Charlie sighting. He joined us at the table and couldn't be distracted when McClure was singing. He kept me laughing when he was talking about the new cd. For the past few weeks, he's been saying it'll be two weeks. I've been through this before. A few years ago, when they released Orange, it felt like the talk of the upcoming cd release went on for a year. Here's our exchange:

C: What day is it?
V: The 23rd.
C: No. I mean what day?
V: Tuesday.
C: OK. It'll be out on a Tuesday.
V: Wow, could you be a little more vague/cryptic?
C: Hey! You can't rush this...

He said I would know whenever he got them in the mail... I'm so happy for them and I hope that a lot more people jump on their bandwagon.

McClure was outstanding. I think my favorite of the night was Yesterday Road or Out of Here Tonight or maybe Fightin' For. I'm awful at this. How about I just say I was crazy happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home