Monday, February 19

A birthday dinner, bachelorette party, show and dinner with my mom and dad made up my weekend.

The birthday dinner was for a stranger; she works with a friend of mine. I knew two people there. I would have rather been home, to tell the truth. The bachelorette party was alot of fun. There were lots of chocolate cake shots, margaritas, blue hawaiians and cosmopolitans. I had a great time and think Becky did, too.

We made it to the Blue Light around 11:30 to see Matt Martindale's new show. It consisted of alot of Cooder Graw material and a few new songs written with the likes of Stoney and Keith Gattis. The intro to the song written with Gattis was interesting...and could have been about any number of girls. The song's about a girl that was a bit 'taken' with Willy Braun, and would travel the state for countless Reckless shows. This girl took the obsession a bit further than most and would regale others with stories about WB leaving tickets for RK shows for her; and saying that she was certain he knew she was 'the one.' She also made the pilgrimage up to Idaho. This is the basis for the song...I gotta say the premise was a bit familiar...besides the unhealthy WB obsession. ;)

We joined Cole and Lezli at the BL for Cole's bday celebration. He had a FABULOUS time...his dancing makes me laugh like no other. (Well, maybe Lezli when she imitates him.)

I talked with Charlie for a bit after the show. The new cd has finally arrived and he'll have them in his hands Monday. I can't wait! They are having a cd release party Friday night at the BL. I guess I'm going to split the night between that and Brandon Rhyder's show across town. He said he was feeling better but poor Drew had to leave the stage at one point in the show. I hope they get better soon.

This weekend brought about change for a good friend. I am happy for him, and send nothing but best wishes out to him. I'm way too cautious to take that leap right now myself. Curtis moved into his own law office this weekend. He opens up tomorrow morning. I can't even begin to imagine what he must be thinking about tonight.

Should be a good week:

Thursday: Adam Hood @ BL
Friday: CSB cd release @ BL/BR @ Jake's
Saturday: not quite sure yet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home