Saturday, February 3

Has a movie ever left you breathless?


I finally got out to see Pan's Labyrinth. It was such a tragic, beautiful movie. I won't lie and say that everyone will love it. There are some pretty gruesome things that happen; at times, I had to avert my eyes. However, the story of that little girl, Ofelia, intertwined with the plight of the guerillas in the Spanish Civil War was so good. Straight off, the antagonist of the story is at the forefront. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. It has touches of Chronicles of Narnia/Lord of the Rings/even movies like The Never-ending story; but it is definitely NOT for children. It's a fairy tale in the sense of the Brothers Grimm...

The movie's in Spanish, but it didn't deter people from coming out for it. I was expecting to be able to have my pick of seats. Yeah, it was a packed house. It's 6 Academy Award Nominations are well-deserved.

2 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Again, you are so cool.

If I ever have a daughter, I think I'll name her Ophelia.. or V. ;-)

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger V said...

Hahaha! You're too funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home