Monday, February 19

My never-ending love for PBS...

I think I figured out what I'll be doing Saturday night. I'll likely be home watching Independent Lens' latest installment, Hip Hop: Beyond Beats and Rhymes.

A night home watching PBS, exciting.

Actually, last night I caught a late-night airing of Soundstage; this week it was a Jewel concert. I can't really say that I'm a devoted fan, but the sound was fantastic. She stripped down some of her more popular songs and performed them solo on the acoustic guitar. It was pretty great. So, when I hit the wall at around 2 this afternoon, I can thank PBS for keeping me up until 3 a.m.

I don't know if this PBS show is regional, state-wide or national but I really do love Storytellers & Music makers. A few weeks ago, Matt Martindale was the guest. They talked about his early beginnings in songwriting, his time with Cooder Graw, his legal career and growing up in this part of Texas. He also played bits of a few songs and discussed the stories behind those songs.

I've also seen Megan Laurie featured on the show. I've seen her a few times around here, since she attended the music school at SPC. She's an Australian girl, now in Texas, that has a good voice and live shows.

2 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I rarely watch PBS, but I subscribe to half a dozen NPR podcasts, which you know. I'm so glad I'm not the only nerd in the bunch.

Unite!

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger V said...

THANKS for your support, Sara!

I own my nerdiness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home