Tuesday, March 13

started off shaky...

The weekend ended up being fantastic. I was still feeling bad, but it was no big deal. The disappointment from Thursday was replaced with alcohol and lots of laughs Friday night, before and after the RRB show. As much as I think my love for the live shows has waned; my love for those guys is the same as it ever was. They all make me laugh for different reasons. RR took care of us, and the show was better than the previous night's.

I met these two guys Friday night that had me laughing for like an hour. In retrospect, I don't even remember what the hell we were talking about besides Mike's trip to Panama City this week. However, it just struck me at lunch today that Todd reminds me of an old friend from middle school/jr. high/high school. I'm going to have to track down Robbie now, it's been too long since I've seen him.

The boys from RRB and Ryan James convinced me that going to sleep that night would be fruitless and I should just stay up until my flight left. I should not listen to these fools. I was so sleepy waiting to board the plane, it was ridiculous. To make matters worse, I couldn't even sleep on the flight to DFW because of the stabbing pain in my ears...FYI, they're not kidding when they say you shouldn't fly when you're having issues with a stuffy head/sinus. I crashed at the terminal for an hour at DFW; proceeded to do the same at the hotel room in Waco. I woke two hours before the wedding.

The wedding was great. Becky looked fantastic and Brady looked a mess. LOL! He said he had a major freak out the day before. Becky called him from home and alluded to the fact that by that time tomorrow, she'd be his wife. He said the panic set in. For a second, I thought he might hyperventilate just recanting the story. All was well...and it went off without a hitch. The weather was just beautiful...as was the margarita machine.

I got to see Mike Modano score his 499th career goal...it was the game-winner against the Kings, in overtime. At one point during a Stars power play, the guy sitting behind us said something like, "Come on Modano, do something...for once in your career." You have no idea how much self-restraint it took to keep from pouring my 9 dollar drink on this man.

We followed up the game with a trip to Ft Worth, and Joe T. Garcia's. Yeah, it's out of the way, but it was such a nice night. Threatening storms moved dinner inside, but it didn't really matter. We had a great time.

1 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i hope i get to see modano do anything, just once...that guy was lucky to be there!!! I'm jealous...lol...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home