Monday, May 7

Aside from our A/C going out, I had a great weekend. It's always fun when Ryan Turner comes to town. He played at least five new songs, and was entertaining as always. The crowd could have been a bit better, it grew about halfway through the set. In honor of Cinco de Mayo, we got a little La Bamba from Adam. I didn't realize until the next morning that I didn't even enjoy a margarita...the shame.

The previous night, Ryan James played, as did The Ducks. I split my night between both shows. I had a fantastic time at The Spoon. I may have gone a bit overboard with the cherry bombs, though. Wow...when we got to the Blue Light, I had nothing more to drink for fear of not being able to remember anything. Ryan James' cover of Honky Tonk Women was outstanding...as was his dancing. He tried to cajole us in to joining him by calling us out from the stage. He was so disappointed in us! HAHAHA! I love that David usually books the two Ryans back-to-back. It always makes for a fun weekend.

My sisters and I have been wondering what in the world to get my mom for Mother's Day. I think we found a good gift, now we just have to hope that it arrives in time.

No Charlie for me this Monday, I have an early negotiation conference. I should go just to get out of the house, but I'm afraid I'll hit the snooze too many times tomorrow.

Up this week:

Thu: Stoney LaRue
Fri: Jason Boland & the Stragglers - woo-hoo!
Sat: Django maybe? I guess it depends on family plans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home