Tuesday, June 19

hold my beer & watch this...

I just got home from the acoustic show.

I'm always on the Randy bandwagon and feel like I've neglected Wade. He was fantastic tonight. It's always a little weird to me when they play Lubbock together. I remember when Randy would open for WB or even when RRB would play and there would be like 20 people. It's different to see/hear a bigger crowd response for Randy around here. Although, during the worst song competition, Randy accused the crowd of being "homers."

I got my song, and so many other great surprises during the show. Randy played tons of old songs, and some covers I hadn't heard in a LONG time. I think my favorite might have been Steve Wariner's "Some Fools Never Learn" or maybe it was "Swinging Doors" or "Live Forever."

Wade won the night with my favorite cover, "A Fire I Can't Put Out."

I said beforehand that I hate the venue that put on this show. I reiterate that sentiment now. It is absolutely no place for an acoustic show. I missed the Blue Light, and stopped in there before the show tonight. Part of me was hoping the guys would wrap it up early, so I could catch some of Charlie's show. The other part wanted them to play all night.

They played just past closing time, and I know I'll hate myself tomorrow morning. It was worth it, though.

1 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

so your Tuesday was like my Monday...Good Times, Indeed!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home