Thursday, June 21

lesson learned...

I ignored the warnings of others and went ahead and watched Children of Men. What a mistake. It's such a gloomy/depressing movie that ended with a whimper. I was so disappointed. I read some reviews that absolutely trashed it to no end, and then others that thought it should have been nominated for picture of the year. I thought I should watch for myself.

I think I was so disappointed because the story had such promise. Maybe the actual novel, written by P.D. James, is better? I would hope that the novel goes into WHY the world is in such dire straits, and what exactly these factions are fighting for. The movie left so many things unanswered...I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I'm missing Drew Kennedy tonight. I've got to pack for the trip this weekend. I can't wait to see everyone in Dallas, San Antonio, Lago Vista and Waco. Last minute change: I'm going to try to make the MMC show in Concan instead of the show in Bellville.

2 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Heather said...

I'm jealous you're going to Concan!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Sara said...

You surrrre do like to drive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home