Thursday, July 5

all mixed up

This midweek holiday has me completely turned around. I keep forgetting that tomorrow is Friday. The office is like a ghost town.

The trip to Ft Worth was great. It was nice to see everyone. I really do love MMC. I can see them play for a large crowd or in a bar with 30 people and still enjoy the show. RRB mixed their show up a bit and I loved it. I'm still amazed at how their crowds have grown. These two are at the top of my favorites list...

The White Elephant was the perfect place to spend some time after the show. Although, last call came way too early.

__________________________________

This weekend I have no plans. I'll probably spend it reading and writing a brief...and watching John From Cincinnati, Entourage and Flight of the Conchords. I want to see 1408, but have heard mixed reviews. We'll see if I make it to the theater this weekend.

Kevin Smith's SMODCAST is not for the conservative, but some of the things he and Scott Mosier talk about are hilarious. By conservative, I don't mean political idealogy. I listened to a backlog on my ipod on the trip to and from Ft Worth. Listening to them discuss the Helen Keller story, the intellect of his dogs, the Canadian Prime Minister, making movies with a troubled actor and trips to the flea market might not seem like it'd be too entertaining. However, they made the trip fly by. Well, that and the fireworks I was able to watch from about 20+ miles away. It's no joke when people say it's flat out here. (For a second, I forgot it was the 4th...it took awhile for me to realize what exactly the flash was from.)

2 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are officially into John from Cincinnati too. We added HBO to our cable package because a friend kept telling us to watch this show. We watched all 4 episodes so we are all caught up! I could do without the levitating bit but I like the characters!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger V said...

I could too! I am totally fascinated with Shawn(ie)...and his dad. I can't wait to see what happens this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home