Tuesday, July 10

May 20, 1997...


This past weekend, I flipped back and forth between the performances from Live Earth on CNBC and Bravo. Highlights for me were John Mayer (Waiting On the World to Change), Lenny Kravitz, Beastie Boys, and my faves - Foo Fighters.

I was on their board the other day and read that it's the 10 year anniversary of the release of The Colour and the Shape. How can that be? It doesn't feel dated or passé, it's probably my favorite release from them. It sounds as good to me now as it did so many years ago. "Monkey Wrench," "Walking After You," "Hey, Johnny Park!", "My Hero," "See You," "February Stars," "Everlong," "New Way Home"...wow, I love this cd. They've released a re-mastered version of The Colour and the Shape with some extra tracks...I'll probably just grab them off itunes.

All this has me excited for the release of the new cd, Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace on September 25th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home