Monday, February 18

Has everyone seen Gone Baby Gone by now? I just saw it this weekend. It's certainly not something you want to watch to cheer you up, but what a good movie. The way the story unfolds is fairly unconventional, I wasn't expecting the initial resolution to come so quickly. Obviously, I haven't read anything about it, because I'm sure a quick search on the internet will divulge some major spoilers regarding the characters involved.

I spent Friday night with some friends and family at another birthday dinner and then crossed the street for some pre-Ryan Turner show daiquiris. Some = way too many. Ryan came over and encouraged everyone to stick around for the show next door. About half of us went over for the show and had a great time. The band blew the breakers three times...the third time blew the electricity throughout the bar. Fun. RT was in rare form and we had fun catching up afterwards. He remains one of my faves, not just the show, but him, as a person. I wish him the best in his upcoming adventure.


Saturday, to my own surprise, I woke up fairly early (so you know that means 10). I made my way to my parents' house and found an empty house upon arrival. Apparently, everyone was at my Grandma's, so I spent the majority of the day reading and searching for a hotel online. Rain started falling early that night, but I decided to make the trek back for the Motorcars' show. I'm so glad I did. The place was PACKED. They sounded great, played 3 or 4 new ones and retained most of the crowd throughout the show. I didn't hang around too long afterwards. I thought about driving to the south side of town to see if Ben was still on stage, but thought better of it and went home. I had to be up and ready for lunch at my grandma's house yesterday.

Last night, I watched QuinceaƱera. Loved it. I don't have too much more to say about it than that. I also caught Dexter on CBS. Motherlover...hahaha. Just rent the DVDs from the first and second seasons if you're at all interested.

4 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't you have an EYB show coming up????? Mike Eli wants you there!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger V said...

HAHAHA....I do. However, one of my friends from OKC is moving to Phoenix, so her going away party ranks higher than EYB or McClure that weekend.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Dawn Renee said...

thanks for my calls from both of the shows! Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

hahahaha about the EYB show. I won't tell Mike, I promise. haha

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger V said...

Hahaha! Thanks, Dawn.

I had a great time this weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home